c/o 119 Dameron Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37917
- Knoxville – Contact: Jessica Cathey, LMSW
(865) 323-4406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knoxville – Contact: Alison Jones, LMSW
(865) 304-0488 or email@example.com
- Chattanooga – Contact: Kathleen Hotton, LPC-MHSP
(423) 322-0057 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Charities Counseling Program is designed to benefit adults, adolescents and children. The program does not treat chemical dependency as a primary diagnosis, nor do we treat psychotic disorders. We work with persons having emotional, behavioral or adjustment issues. In working with children and adolescents, special emphasis is placed on exploring how emotions and behavior influence one another. Coping skills such as positive reinforcement, realistic, individual goal setting, and personal responsibility, are taught to clients of all ages.
In-office, 50 minute counseling sessions are available to individuals seeking supportive guidance for areas of difficulty such as, but not limited to: anxiety, depression, grief, & anger management.
Counseling for couples is offered to increase understanding and communication as well as to aid in problem solving for a variety of issues. Pre-marital counseling is also available.
Entire families or small groupings of related persons can come to Catholic Charities for support and guidance. As in marital counseling, communication and areas of tension can be explored and improved for the benefit of all. The complex needs, boundaries, and fluidity of parent-child relationships are common reasons families come to counseling with us.
- All counselors are licensed and credentialed
- Clients are only accepted on a voluntary basis
- Fees are based on a sliding scale, determined by income and other variables.
- Services are available to clients regardless of religious affiliation.
For printable versions of the counseling intake packets that can be printed
and completed before your initial appointment, click the appropriate link below.