Catholic Charities of East Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering flex, part-time and full-time positions. Jobs are posted as they become available. Please check back with us often.
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Purpose of the Position
Promotes the mission of CCETN by seeking and obtaining private gifts, grants and other funding and by developing and implementing plans to increase the number and scope of funding sources. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Director of Development plans, directs, and coordinates all Development activities, major fundraising activities and special projects with responsibilities including but not limited to the following: .
- Work in concert with the Executive Director and Board Development Committee to accomplish defined development goals.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Development staff.
- Establish short and long term goals for obtaining private, corporate and foundation gifts and grants.
- Produce major donor solicitations and support materials.
- Cultivate donors by producing direct mail, online content, specialized campaigns, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
- Work with program staff, as needed, for advertising, public relations and fundraising projects.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of data base manager engaged in maintaining donor and prospect data system. Generate queries, reports, exports and any other data as needed.
- Supervise the creation of various communications including the annual report, PowerPoint presentations, executive correspondences and speeches and website content.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all gift income and its sources. Interface with Development Department staff and Finance to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Development experience with demonstrated success in fundraising
- Demonstrated success in planning, coordinating and executing fundraising events.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to achieve defined and measurable results
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet timelines.
- Strong ability to self-manage, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong ambassador for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Donor Pro experience preferred
- Knowledge of personal computers and MS Office
- Must successfully pass all required screening procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Some travel to areas served by CCETN including Tri-Cities and Chattanooga
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://CCETN.careerplug.com/.